Europa-List: Question for Rotax Drivers...

Subject: Europa-List: Question for Rotax Drivers...
From: D Wysong <hdwysong@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:56:34

Hi all,

The Rotax wiring diagram shows the Ducati regulator/rectifier with the
"L" lead across a lamp.  The connector says "LAMP"... but when exactly
will this lamp illuminate?

Can someone tell me or point out the section(s) in any of the Rotax
manual(s) that describes the function(s) this lamp serves?

Undervoltage?  Fault?  Overvoltage?  ???

Specifically, I'm looking for the "nominal" electrical state of the "L"
lead (e.g. - pulled high, pulled low, open) when:
-- the 12V bus hot and the engine is not running
-- the 12V bus hot and the engine is running

Thanks for your help,