RE: Europa-List: RE: Oil Thermostat

Subject: RE: Europa-List: RE: Oil Thermostat
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 23:42:32

Thanks Duncan.
That is precisely my point, sort of been there done that and I wouldn't
be writing this had I been on a long flight particularly over long legs
of water ! So in the established cruise since it overcools anyway I
disconnect the cooler from circuit and therefore no dramatic oil loss if
the cooler is ruptured.
I guess if then the Rotax system is pressurised when stopped the
pressure will back feed to the cooler and then leak ?
So without priming does the oil pump still fetch oil once running ?
Regards
Bob H  G-PTAG Europa MKI/Jabiru 3300