Re: Europa-List: Monowheel Tire & Tube life

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel Tire & Tube life
From: Jim Brown <acrojim@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 13:26:11

Paul

I'm not sure what type tire you are using. I know early on, around 1998 Europa
was supplying the tundra tires with their kits here in the US. and they took
about 18 PSI. I am based at an airport with paved runways, and these tires were
not user friendly, I was having some of the same problems you are having.

I replaced that tire at about 100 hours with a standard aircraft tire. Since I
do
not fly off grass I keep 30-35 PSI. I got about 400 hours on this tire and
replaced because the tread was worn off. If memory serves me correctly I also
used a 6 ply tire. The side walls are much more stiffer and gives better control
on landing.

Jim Brown