Europa-List: Stainless steel Firewall

Subject: Europa-List: Stainless steel Firewall
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:22:23

hello again,
            I reread chapter 33 in my mono classic manual. In there, (and
I'm not finding fault) one finds remarks alluding to caulking up the cracks
to prevent noxious fumes from entering the cockpit. Come on. There are holes
big enough to slip ferrets in - and if there aren't, then it has to be the
ugliest firewall in the Big 8.
            My defence (should a minute crack develop twixt me and engine
fire) will be that - as previously shared, I intend to pressurise the
inhabited area by selected temperature air, and control the pressure by
judicious outflow control just like the big guys do.
            Two things - if you have a hermetically-sealed firewall OR you
have found an argument that works with your ultimate inspector. could you
share it with me (us)?
Cheers, Ferg
PS: Many thanks for the spate of replies on the topic. I am continuing to
play with the stainless sheets in the hope of a SS revision incorporating SS
hinges to permit target installation. Bulk purchase of plaster strips ahead.