Re: Europa-List: Waht is your favorite way of locking door?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Waht is your favorite way of locking door?
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 19:06:05

Door Locks  Now this is a new topic !!!!!!

I abide by the theory that a "bad guy" will get in anyway.  The locks system
I make is the type that makes the good guys stay out. The bad guys will get
in by braking some thing anyway.

I installed key lock units that rotate a bar inside the door 90 degrees.
This bar blocks the movement of the shoot bolt. The door handle feels stiff
and is not going to move without a very heavy pull.  Thus the good guy will
not get in !!!!

Just a note:  Here in the USA, the TSA has made several attempts to require
us to have two locks / security devises on our planes.  My door locks are
the second. The hanger door lick is the first.

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds, WA 98020
425 776 5555