Re: Europa-List: Waht is your favorite way of locking door?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Waht is your favorite way of locking door?
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 23:45:34

I think my first 'barrier' is a magnetic release. Somewhere about a foot
back of the top back corner of the door will be a secret spot where a magnet
sits, ready to flip a relay which permits the door lever to turn. Its
companion magnet is in the palm of my hand, so that when I unobtrusively
lean on the spot to turn the lever, my hand sits just where the magnet is. I
will palm the hand magnet.   A buddy uses these to release the headrest
panels and says they have no effect on the compass.........
Anyway that's the plan.
Ferg
A064