Re: Europa-List: rudder stops

Subject: Re: Europa-List: rudder stops
From: N55XS <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 18:51:58

Raimo Toivio wrote:

>Hi All!
>
>I want to establish my rudder stops.
>The rudder movement should be 30-32 degrees per side.
>Noticed it is not easy to measure accurately:
>I have made templates, calculated triconometrically,
>completed geometric examinations etc but not happy enough.
>
>Have you got any perfect but human way to do it?
>
>Thanks,
>Raimo M W Toivio
>
>OH-XRT #417, 1044 hours so far
>OH-CVK
>OH-BLL
>
>37500  Lempaala
>Finland
>tel + 358 3 3753 777
>fax + 358 3 3753 100
>gsm + 358 40 590 1450
>
>raimo.toivio@rwm.fi
>www.rwm.fi

Raimo,
I don't know about perfect, but here's what I did.  I took a 2x4 and
stapled a piece of cardboard to it, then drew a line down the center.
Using a protractor, I drew lines, each side, tangent to the center line,
at 30 and 32 degrees.  I then positioned the 2x4 under the aft end of
the fuse, arranging the gizmo so that the board ran the center line of
the fuse and the line intersections at the rudder hinge area.  Swung the
rudder each way and added the stops.  Pretty simple, in application...

--
Jeff - A055
Finishing engine installation