Re: Europa-List: rudder stops

Subject: Re: Europa-List: rudder stops
From: karelvranken <karelvranken@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 23:08:54

Dear Raimo,
If you move the rudder an equal 30 out of the center line to both sides,
than you have a bigger surface exposed to the airstream at the starboard
side. Interesting to calculate and more than that is to consider what effect
the slipstream and torque of the propeller have in this matter!
Some thoughts for long winterevenings I think.
Best greetings,
Karel Vranken # 447  F-PKRL  waiting to execute mod 70.