RE: Europa-List: All these access hatches and one "viewing" hole

Subject: RE: Europa-List: All these access hatches and one "viewing" hole
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 12:14:57

Hi! Brian,
IMHO you are quite right to have concern.
I made provision for this initially by increasing the size of the
forward hole to 5" diameter (1" larger than the manual  I've seen too
many builders with scars up their arms with the 4" diameter!) but then
both holes are in the place stated.  I had visions of problems accessing
the mounting screws so used cap screws of appropriate size to be able to
use the short end of a
Hexagon allen key. BUT I had them joined in pairs by welding a locking
plate under the heads. (so didn't use the allen key afterall!  Then on
the reverse side of the bulkhead I used nylock nuts to get a 16th turn
ring spanner to fit. The lower hole provides access for your arm to
reach up to access the nylock nuts.

Regards
Bob Harrison G -PTAG

Robt.C.Harrison