Re: Europa-List: Cowl flaps?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cowl flaps?
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 17:45:14

Ron
My answers are in red.

1.  Do you think your design allows for less drag when closed hence better
glide?
Yes
2. Do you think it would help warm things up when closed on a cold glider motor?
I don't know that much about gliders.
3. How about on the ground when starting could? It will warm up faster.
4. Do you think it helps cooling when on the ground a long time in hot, and on
long climbs? Yes defently helps.
5. What sort of tool do you use for removing your magnetic plug on the
crankcasenear
the oil filter, a Torx T-40 or a Torx Plus IP-40? They are supposed to
beinspected
every other oil change. T-40.  I did not find anything.
6. Where did you get interior, or stuff for your interior? The wife and I went
to lots of faberic stores to find what we used. The overhead is covered with a
special material used in the marine inderstry for that same perpose. It is
stretchie
and fits the curves very nicely.

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.