Re: Europa-List: Electric trim problems.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Electric trim problems.
From: Jos Okhuijsen <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 13:21:16

Hi Paul,

There was a similar thread, which started about the flap motor here some
time ago.
Somebody advised to hang a lamp over the servo motor, to isolate switches,
wiring and relays. I would go for that. I've decided to add bright leds,
one for up, one for down with their diode function, to the panel, above
and below the indicator. This because it will help the diagnostics and
hopefully prevent accidental actuation of the trim buttons on the stick.
I've heard about an accident, where one of the factors was inadvertely
trim up during takeoff. Other then that, i know that intermittend faults
are really difficult to solve. The only way to do it is by try and error,
first starting with the replacement of most suspect parts. First problem
here is that nobody seems to have an idea what part to suspect first, and
second is, that the problem part of the equasion might happen at a time
where you can't afford it.

Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen