Europa-List: Electric trim problems.

Subject: Europa-List: Electric trim problems.
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 19:44:52

Hi all,

I posted a similar message on the Aeroelectric board. I am having intermittent
problems with my electric trim.  Sometimes when I need to slow and trim the
aircraft
for landing the trim motor won't actuate.  I initially suspected the down
trim button, but once I had it not wanting to respond to an "UP" button press
as well.

I have wriggled wires, plugs and un plugged terminations and driven the servo to
the end stops  but I haven't been able to duplicate the problem on the ground.
I am starting to suspect the servo and I am thinking it might be having trouble
reversing direction with air loads.

I'd be interested in anyone's ideas for trouble shooting. I have a 4 way trim
switch
with a Ray Allen relay deck driving an older MAC servo unit.

One last question, can any one tell me the new part number for the servo unit.

Thanks,  Paul