Europa-List: Vent lines and the 914

Subject: Europa-List: Vent lines and the 914
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 01:02:01

Can anyone flying with the 914 tell me if they have routed their vent lines from

the Oil sump and air box so that they terminate just above the air filter?  I
have seen a picture of this somewhere and was wondering if this has worked well.

 I seem to get quite a bit of oil collecting on the belly of the plane and have

traced it to the vent lines.  I was hoping that by rerouting the lines to the
air filter, thus allowing the oil to be consumed by the engine would mitigate
the problem.  Any thoughts?  My only real concern is contaminating the air
filter with engine oil.

Kind regards,

Erich Trombley
N28ET