RE: Europa-List: Cockpit module goes in next weekend!

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Cockpit module goes in next weekend!
From: KARL HEINDL <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 19:06:24

Use large washers with the sheet metal screws and remove the screws again before
the redux is fully cured, i.e. after about 5 hours.

Karl C-FIRS

From: EuropaXSA276@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 10:23:55 EDT

-- Europa-List message posted by: EuropaXSA276@aol.com

Howdy Gents:

Well, I have been busy this holiday weekend in my shop prepping to bond this
module in next week.Actually took an extra day of vacation Friday to spend
in the shop.

I think by end of day today I'll be comfortable enough to set this baby in.
I have a hoist and will buy a strap come along today for the area around the
head rests.

Naturally... I have questions. John Eckell wrote the he and Steve used about
600 grams of Araldite  weight without hardener for the module.

That close to what everyone else experienced?

They also used about 120 #8 X 1/2 sheet metal screws to pull this thing
together.That's a lot!
How do you get them to release from the Araldite after cure?

Someone mentioned a lot of dimpling from the screws after cure? Anyone have a
fix for that?

I understand the bright light shining under the canoe to check for voids.

What method do you use to fill the voids if found?

Thanks in advance

Brian S
A276 Tri Gear. Texas
See my build photos at: