Europa-List: Cockpit module goes in next weekend!

Subject: Europa-List: Cockpit module goes in next weekend!
From: EuropaXSA276@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 10:23:55

Howdy Gents:

Well, I have been busy this holiday weekend in my shop prepping to bond this
module in next week.  Actually took an extra day of vacation Friday to spend
in the shop.

I think by end of day today I'll be comfortable enough to set this baby in.
I have a hoist and will buy a strap come along today for the area around the
head rests.

Naturally... I have questions. John Eckell wrote the he and Steve used about
600 grams of Araldite < weight without hardener for the module.>

That close to what everyone else experienced?

They also used about 120 #8 X 1/2 sheet metal screws to pull this thing
together.  That's a lot!
How do you get them to release from the Araldite after cure?

Someone mentioned a lot of dimpling from the screws after cure? Anyone have a
fix for that?

I understand the bright light shining under the canoe to check for voids.

What method do you use to fill the voids if found?

Thanks in advance

Brian S
A276 Tri Gear. Texas
See my build photos at: