RE: Europa-List: Cockpit module goes in next weekend!

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Cockpit module goes in next weekend!
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 16:33:32

Brian,

I only used a couple of screws to ensure that the module was correctly
positioned. To pull it into place I used 6 or 8 webbing straps (salvaged
seat belts from scrap cars) wrapped around the fuselage and over some
timber pieces strategically place on the headrests and the tunnel in the
module. I used the 'spanish windlass' technique to tension the straps.
(a length of timber with the strap twisted round). I also used the same
straps and technique to hold my windows whilst they were glued into
place.

Can email pic's if required.

Richard Iddon G-RIXS