Europa-List: Autopilot

Subject: Europa-List: Autopilot
From: Karel Vranken <karelvranken@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 21:58:17

Hi All,
When Trutrak presented the Digitrak at Oshkosh 2002 I was with the
subscribers because at that moment the cockpit module laid upside down and
it was easy to fix the mounting plate under the starboard seat and to fix
the lever at the aileron torque tube.
Now the french inspector found that this is a modification of the original
Europa they accepted as kitplane. What is the difference between a
modification and an equipement?
The Digitrak isn't TSOD and so far has no reference technical code (JAR) and
therefore can't be accepted as stated in their aircraft modification form.
My question to every lucky pilot flying with the Digitrak or Navaid is where
can I get an approval?
How is the PFA handling this problem?
Any answer is welcome.
Karel Vranken    Belgium
# 447  F-PKRL  XS monowheel  912 ULS  Airmaster CS  finishing paintings.

Test een digitale camera 14 dagen gratis
http://opproef.msn.be/product/product.html?nr=13