Re: Europa-List: Fuel drain valves

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel drain valves
From: James Nelson <europajim@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:20:04

Hi  John,
      Put the drain valves both on the same side as the fuel filler.
Place them just under the filler so you can drain both sides of the tank
with out moving. I placed them in line so the front one drained the
starboard side and the rear one drained the port side of the tank.  Also
that minimizes drag as the front one creates the disturbance and the back
one just rides along and not creating a new drag point. That way fuel
sampling is easier and anything that makes it easier, gets done.  The
harder you make it, the greater the possibility of not doing it..
Murphy will get you ....

Jim Nelson
N15JN

<eckel1@comcast.net> writes:
> <eckel1@comcast.net>
>
> Hello,
> I am in the process of picking fuel drain valves.  What have other
> builders been using and what is the best location for a tri-gear?
>
> Thanks,
> John   A230
> working on cockpit module

=