Re: Europa-List: Electrical questions

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Electrical questions
From: Jim Brown <acrojim@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 18:58:37

Paul;

About a year ago on a flight from South Fla., I was about an hour away from  my
home base at Leesburg, in normal cruise, at 5300 RPM and 33" MP. The red over
boost light came on. I looked at the MP which was normal, RPM was normal. I then
turned off the "switch" for about 5 seconds then turned it back on. The TCU
recycled itself, the red boost light went out., and I continued the flight home
with no further problems.

In the maintenance manual for the 914 there is a section on troubleshooting the
servo and the red and  yellow lights. The switch is part of the system and it
needs to be installed.