Europa-List: Alleron Fitting

Subject: Europa-List: Alleron Fitting
From: Alan Stills <astills785@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 16:54:55

I'm at the wing stage of fitting the aileron's onto the wings for a test fit
after
drilling and placing the nut plates on the hinges. The Top flange on the
trailing
edge of the wings will not let the aileron's  fit into the trailing edge.
The manuel does not state if the Top flange can be trimmed or if it must be
trimmed to fit the aileron's onto the wing properly. It's an XS kit with the
quickbuild wings. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what was your fix.
I'm relunctant to cut without checking as I can see some problems with the
top skin if I trim too much or too far. The top curve on the aileron's (both
port
and starboard) hit the top flange the full length of the aileron.
Al Stills
A095