Europa-List: Neubie composite question

Subject: Europa-List: Neubie composite question
From: Ronald J. Parigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 14:43:53

> My partner Wayne has a truck with XS Monowheel, Firewall back, A-265 just
> leaving
> Florida as we speak on the way back to NY. Just in time for the snow storm.

Renting a T hangar, not insulated with a 100,000BTU space heater, using a
Beckman
home oilburner, but are running it on kerosene.

I kinda sortta think curing epoxy is not going to like the moisture created from
heater.

I have a 20 by 20 garage that is unheated but insulated. I do have a 50,000 BTU
Space heater and Wayne has a heated basement, about 12 x 15 usable area.

A few basic questions about working with epoxy:

What temperature/humidity for what length of time is ideal?

What temperature/humidity for what length of time can you get away with?

Any suggestions how to keep heat up for the cure? Infared lamps? Spot lamps?
Other?

Is it a good idea to keep samples of mixed epoxy with notes as to where you used
the
mix?

Kit has accelerated tailplane and accelerated cockpit. What areas are the least
critical to begin with?

What areas are most critical, should be done last?

Sincerly thanks for your help.

We know how to follow complicated build manuals (which either has not seen as of
yet
for Europa), but find often after builds that there is a better way than
depicted.

Fair amount of experiance between Wayne and myself with West System on Boats,
and
model airplane work.

Ron Parigoris