Warning!

Subject: Warning!
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 13:45:53
This is fair warning to all you forum members!

Due to all the camaraderie, builder support, and the very broad knowledge
base that has been exhibited on this forum, I have been pushed a little too
far and have gone over the edge.

I am now in possession of Europa XS kit #207A. Former owner Shaun Simpkins
was gracious enough to push me off the cliff by accepting by bid for the kit.

Now while I have been lurking on this forum for about two years and I will
use the FAQ's to a great degree, I am fairly sure that the dumb questions
will squeak out from time to time and you will all have to put up with me.
And don't think I won't put in my two cents on matters. Oh! Lord have mercy
on those I run into at any of the Fly-Ins or get together's.

But actually, for some information. My name is Mike Duane (my wife is
Christine) and I live in Redding, California. I'm a Europa Club member. I
live in Northern Calif. just before you fly into Oregon. Lots of rain in the
winter (I guess any British flyers would feel at home around here) and very
hot in the summer. Mostly dry and over 100' F each day by noon. I plan to
build the Europa as a Tricycle gear so my wife can get her PPL when I finish
with the build.

Also, I would be inclined to assist any other Europa flyer that get into
trouble in my neck of the woods. Just call information and ask for us. The
name may only be under Christine but I persuaded her to keep me. I am still
sorting out and cataloging all these parts, and I wouldn't know a bellcrank
---From a torque tube but I can read part numbers.

Now the fun begins.

Mike