Re: Props

Subject: Re: Props
From: LTS <lts@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 08:59:59
I am interested to learn about this incident - The PV50 electrical
controller is secured with three M4 screws but in normal use they carry very
light loads. It's the only time I've heard of a problem of this nature and I
was told in this case that the spinner had been secured to the electrical
controller rather than the main body of the propeller. Of course the
electrical controller is not designed to carry any significant structural
loads. Certainly not the sort of loads which might be generated by a
slightly eccentrically mounted classic spinner.

If that's not the case I would like to know more. There was an issue
regarding the security of the electric motor itself but all UK owners have
been contacted and advised to make an inexpensive upgrade the motor holder
used in the design since December 2000.

I have over 250 hours on a PV50 and I am now using Mark Burton's Constant
Speed controller which is excellent!

Jerry
                    Jerry@ban-bi.com   or    LTS@avnet.co.uk
                    www.Ban-bi.com     or   www.avnet.co.uk/touchdown