Re: Tri-Gear Main wheels width

Subject: Re: Tri-Gear Main wheels width
From: Bob Harrison Sweden <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 09:10:28
Hi! Svein,
Ican't give you dimensions at present since I'm in Sweden but  if you can
wait for a week I'll measure my trailer and ramps for you.Measurements
without engine fitted and full tanks are worthless and especially so when
the aircraft is winched backwards up ramps because the wheels have tow OUT
in reverse so they SPLAY OUT even further and still more so with the nose
wheel off the ground.(presuming you will tow the aircraft backwards)
Mine is a very snug fit and could do with another inch on the width.
It is important that the outer of the tyres are snug to the sides of the
ramp extensions in the trailer since the a/c will jostle about when towed.
Don't initiate the trailer construction until you have the correct
dimensions or you will regret it for ever.
Regards
Bob Harrison.  G-PTAG  (