Re: Remote GPS antenna

Subject: Re: Remote GPS antenna
From: Dean Wiegand <dwiegand@surewest.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 10:00:28
Steve,

If you get ambitious (or are just downright cheap) go
to the Blue Mountain Avionics site
www.bluemountainavionics.com , click on "installation"
and about half way down the installation page is a
heading "GPS Antennae" ...where you will find a link to
a page to build your own passive GPS antenna (or the
direct link is:
http://freespace.virgin.net/dave.griffin/antenna.htm ).
There is also a link to Trimble GPS to check out their
antenna selection (passive and active) if you want
reference material.

I am planning on building all of my own antennas (from
the RST Engineering http://www.rst-engr.com/ book &
kit), including the above mentioned passive GPS (I will
use this passive GPS home built unit for testing since
my Blue Mountain EFIS/One will be delivered with a
Trimble active GPS antenna).

Whichever antenna I finally use, I will build a little
boss on the underside of the glare shield, behind the
instrument panel, on which to mount the GPS antenna to
keep it nicely hidden and my aircraft very clean
looking.

Regards,

Dean Wiegand
Sacramento CA  USA