Re: Aerobatics in Tris vs Monos

Subject: Re: Aerobatics in Tris vs Monos
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 15:50:40
Paul Sweeting wrote:

> Is this the same for the 914??, Is there any way of ensuring adequate oil
> pressure whilst performing aerobatics and thus not damaging the engine ??
>
> Cheers
> Paul.

Maybe more problematic?  The oil flow out of the tank can't be
interrupted at all I would think. Oil flow past the turbocharger
bearings cools them.  There's also a Service Bulletin about the bad
effects of pooled oil foaming in the crankcase, which even sustained
positive G's might initiate, depending upon how the system is
plumbed.

Regards,
Fred F.