Aerobatics in Tris vs Monos

Subject: Aerobatics in Tris vs Monos
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 22:18:53
Gidday,
I am wondering please who has done aerobatics in the tri, most importantly
its spin characteristics?
For what it is worth, Mal McLure from just outside Sydney has recently
flown his first 30 hours off, and in that time has received approval for
spins, and all normal positive g aerobatic manoeuvres in his Classic 914
powered mono. I haven't ever read anything from the factory about the more
extreme manoeuvre characteristics of the Tri, and I am keen to find out
what the Tri owners think. Lastly, I wonder about the flight
characteristics of the conventional taildraggers out there, the one or two
varieties that I know of. In anticipation.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Reg
Tony Renshaw