RE: Wing Filling

Subject: RE: Wing Filling
From: Chris Cameron <chris.cameron@ot.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:54:38
Wasn't this the principle behind the 'shark skin' swimsuits used at last
years olympics?

I did a search on google and found a number of references such as:
http://www.netlondon.com/news/2000-12/1BE5315480B12AC1802.html
which includes the comment

The little teeth are channelling the water over the surface of the shark in
such a way as to damp down drag - drag being the enemy of anything moving
fast through water. This enables the shark to move much more quickly, with
less energy.

How do we get the 'shark skin' aircraft skin and would it work?

Chris Cameron                                       Europa #386
chris.cameron@ot.co.nz                                   ZK-MYN
cell: +64 21 650 680
Life, don't talk to me about life ....(Marvin - HHGTTG)