RE: Wing Filling

Subject: RE: Wing Filling
From: Alan Stewart <alan.stewart@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 21:32:29

I'm sorry, I just don't understand this. In my experience....

Sometimes my plane is spotless. Sometimes it's covered in cr.p. Huge
quantities of mud from
the farmstrip in winter, dead flies caked over the cowls, impacted organic
matter on the surface of the prop.

Once I took off with an one inch square item lightly adhered (not
intentionally glued) to the wings upper surface. I flew around for a while
then landed and it hadn't detached.

It didn't make a blind bit of difference to the performance !

When I used to fly without my big spinner (flat nose), it had no detectable
effect.

Alan