Re: Throttle Cable Considerations

Subject: Re: Throttle Cable Considerations
From: TroyMaynor@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 08:26:16
        jmoran01@earthlink.net

ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk writes:

<< Hi! All.
 I'm also sorry to hear of your incident, John.
 The power boat industry uses "Morse" cable for such applications. It really
 "is the business"!
 It is designed to push as well as pull. I could never quite understand why
 it hasn't been used
 on any a/c I've seen. However ,I guess I'm answering my own question, the
 price is reflective of the product. But in the light of John's experiences
 cheap at the price.?
 Regards
 Bob Harrison.  G-PTAG

John,
Sorry about your accident but I'm glad you're able to tell us about it.
About the cables; is it possible to clean the first 3 or 4 inches enough to
get solder to stick to them. If one could, it seems that this would stiffen
them sufficiently, providing you get them smooth again to slide into the
sheath.
Troy