Bending Throttle Cables

Subject: Bending Throttle Cables
From: Bob Jacobsen <jacobsenra@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 07:37:56

Hi All,

Kim Prout had the same thing happen to his throttle cable.  We talked about
it at Arlington and his easy fix was to shorten the throttle return spring.

In a stock setup there is very little pull to keep the cable straight and
"pull" it into the housing.  You can shorten the spring or add another and
readjust the tension on the throttle lever to compensate.  Kim says it works
beautifuly and suggested that I do it (I am planning to change it soon -
very soon!).

This is an easy fix that requires no changes in cables, throttle levers etc.
and dosen't even cost anything.  Kim had several other sugestions (he is a
wealth of knowledge) that I plan on doing and will report back after my
annual.

Bob Jacobsen
A131