Flame wars

Subject: Flame wars
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 22:40:57
Forwarded from the bounce bin.  Message is from
"Peter Bondar" <peter@bondar.co.uk>

Wow you guys do get techy!

Let me make it clear, I like Europas and I think the trike version is very
nice.

With the personal benefit of hindsight I think the XS tri gear is a plane I
could have built and enjoyed flying.

Yes I built a Banbi but I can assure you it is not a perfect plane either.

What irritates me is when armchair opinions do not give an informed view
of the issue.

The facts are:

more Europas have crashed/run off the runway/had a mishap/ than any other
plane
this side of a Cessna 172 and Warrior. Given how few are actually flying the
accident per hour record must be the worse on the British register.

My insurance is getting priced out of reach because Europa monowheels keep
getting
pranged.

I got  600 reduction when I explained a Banbi was not a Europa!

I just think that the monwheel has backfired dreadfully on Europa.

It was one smart idea too many that was consumately marketed by Ivan
and most of you guys drank the bathwater and judjing by your reaction
are still drinking the bathwater. (But for the grace of god go I)

I've sold my Banbi for a wacking loss because everybody get telling me that
they could pick up Europas for peanuts.

A tour of hangars over the last 3 months had a Europa for sale on 4
differnent airfields out of 5!

My personal research unearthed 3 all going for way under 25k with pemit
etc.

The trike wheels stuff is baloney,

if you seriously consider taking off in grass so long that small wheels
vs big wheels makes a serious difference you either live on a Safari reserve
or you haven't got your CAA take off factors programmed in your noggins.

In fact the accident record shows too many Europas never ever did get to
take off speed!

The Banbi shows that trikes don't have to go slow. Who won this years Sun
and Fun? in the 100hp category.

Being a marketing guy myself  I know just how easy it is to fool most of the
people most of the time
( for which I repent), I just smile when I see it happening to what should
be a bunch of smart people.

But then they typically are the softest touch.

So in summary what  would you rather have?

A steady turnover in disillusioned and frightened owners who have had one
too many
interesting spins, with a group of hard core experts real and otherwise
hanging Churchillian in
their defiance of the facts.

Or a happy bunch of trike guys who merely prang them at the rate the rest of
the industry enjoys, ahem!

Now can I interest you in a pile of spare avionics and other bits left over
---From one expensive project?
Visit http://www.bondar.co.uk

Cheers!

peter

---From the Desktop Computer of Peter Bondar
Keepers Cottage, Thirsk, North Yorkshire
peter@bondar.co.uk
http://www.bondar.co.uk
tel: 01845 501062
fax: 01845 501067