Re: Tie rods for securing the plane to trailer.

Subject: Re: Tie rods for securing the plane to trailer.
From: Grahamclk@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 18:54:34
erichdtrombley@juno.com writes:

<< Can, anyone with a factory trailer please provide me with the dimensions
 of the tie rods which are used to secure the plane to the trailer? >>

Nothing secures the plane to the trailer  ! (apart from the 4000 mile radius
ball below).  The tailwheel is held, but the ramp which is secured by the tie
rods only nominally constrains the mainwheel fore and aft.  The result is
that the plane can bounce rightout of the ramp on a rough ride.  I use a
"ramp puller" frame which apart from making ramp closure easy when drawn up
by  the rear winch, also traps the top of the tyre.  Can supply pic/drawing
if you wish.

The ramp tie rods are 23.5" long 1/2" dia outside which you have the threads
and ends adding up to a pin to pin distance of 27.5".  Pins are 9 mm.

Graham C. G-EMIN