Re: TP5&6 Retention Tube?

Subject: Re: TP5&6 Retention Tube?
From: J R Bob Gowing <gowingjr@acr.net.au>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 20:26:39

John

See Europa Aircraft News No 21 Page 14.

I share the view with some others that the exact same arrangement of the
components on the TP4 Tourque Tube should be maintained in case the drilling
of the holes for the pins locating each part TP12's & TP9 have not been made
exactly on the diameters. If the same layout is maintained this does not
matter. If not then some holes must be enlarged creating slack. Slack in the
TP12's will tranfer loads to the associated TP6 as advised in the factory
note.

I have just done mine almost by the book. The rapid epoxy was on expiry date
and was spongy so I cut my troughs around the TP4 deeper to get more flox
coverage on the TP6's.

Bob Gowing UK Kit 327
24 High St BEGA NSW AUSTRALIA