Re: Aileron trim servo location

Subject: Re: Aileron trim servo location
From: carl@photos.prestel.co.uk
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 22:02:25
Silly question, but why do you need for an aileron trim tab (unless you
built your wings wrong !).  It should not be necessary to have an aileron
trim tab but even if this is the case surely a fixed tab is all that is
needed (a bent alloy plate riveted to the trailing edge).

The last kitplane that I built did not need a tab and as far as I am aware,
none of the UK built Europas that I have seen have such tabs.

Surely a motorised tab is an unnecessary addition of weight - or am I
missing something ?

Carl Pattinson
G-LABS