Re: Aileron trim servo location

Subject: Re: Aileron trim servo location
From: aviatordave@fuse.net
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 11:04:22
Bill,
    The aileron trim tab need not be far out on the aileron.  It does
not need leverage because it does not move the wing up or down.  The
aileron trim tab moves THE AILERON... The aileron then moves the wing.
The aileron has the longer moment (leverage), the trim tab does not.
    Bearing this concept in mind:  it might be best to locate the tab
and servo in the inboard side of the aileron.  It is thicker here and
the wire runs are shorter.  I'm making my tab 2" X 6".  We'll see if
that is a good size.  I might note that I have studied the size of the
trim tabs on ALOT of airplanes at Oshkosh and Sun 'N Fun.  It does not
need to be very big at all.

Dave Conrad, A078, Cincinnati, OH, USA