Re: Fuel line routing in engine compartment

Subject: Re: Fuel line routing in engine compartment
From: Skydrive <skydrive@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 10:31:22
Carl Pattinson wrote

there is a possibility of creating carb icing (though Rotax
> and Europa say this dosen't happen). We know of carb icing on the 912 when
> used with microlights but then there is no warm air to the engine with
this
> type of installation (unlike the Europa).

NEITHER ROTAX OR OURSELVES (UK DISTRIBUTOR)  HAVE EVER SAID IT DOESNT
HAPPEN. WE HAVE CARRIED OUT MANY TESTS ON OUR ARV WITH 912S ENGINE AND
UNDERCOWL CARB INTAKES. FROM MEMORY TYPICAL RESULTS IN THE CRUISE AT 2000FT
WERE  AS FOLLOWS;

AMBIENT TEMP 3C
UNDERCOWL TEMP 12C
CARB BODY TEMP  -7C !!!!!!!

CARB TEMP WOULD OF COURSE BE LOWER IF COLD AIR INTAKE IS USED.

DO NOT DISCOUNT THE POSSIBILITY OF CARB ICING !!!!

Nigel Beale

info@avnet.co.uk