accidents

Subject: accidents
From: Tennant <Tennant@tonline.de>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:43:22
I received my Europa flyer today and was disturbed to read of another accident
in
France.

I dont know if the following comments have anything to do with these tragic
incidents but I feel that all would be Europa pilots should know and understand

the following limits.

The stall speeds of my D-EHBT at 622 Kg in the take off/landing configuration
are

as follows:

With 75% power = 40 Kts
without power  = 53 Kts

If you should inadvertantly get into the air when fast taxying you will probably

be between the above speeds. Do not not not suddenly pull the throttle to
idle!!!

Pull back gradually until touch-down.

If the stall strips are not yet fitted the stall can be quite nasty.

I hope that the above comments at this time do not upset anyone but it is very

important that these speeds are known to everyone considering taxying an Europa.

Our heart felt sympathies are with the loved ones of the pilots involved.

Best regards

Barry Tennant & Family