Re: syringes

Subject: Re: syringes
From: Chris and Sue Beck <n9zes@execpc.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 20:49:19
Hello, Graham,

Yes, we DID use the cling film on the bench, for the first length of bid.  The
second piece we layed on dry, as we had a bit of extra resin on the first
layup.  In all reality, the layup looks just fine, save for the few little
bubbles to fill, and we definitely know how to handle future layups of this
type.

Overall, the rudder looks really good, and we just get better and better at
the whole process.  The strength of the part astounds me.  How a flimsy chuck
of foam and some limp glass cloth with some goey resin can make such a light
rigid part is amazing.  As a college instructor used to say "Composites, that
is the key", said in a proper scholarly Indian accent (India, that is, not
American Indian).

Thanks everyone for the great syringe tips.

Chris