syringes

Subject: syringes
From: Chris and Sue Beck <n9zes@execpc.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 19:08:39
Hello all,

Quick question:  In the US, where does one obtain syringes for injecting
epoxy into small bubbles?  We finished the leading edge layup today on
the rudder, and unfortunately, there are several small (1 - 3mm bubbles)
where the hinge flange meets the micro fillet.  The rest of the layup
looks pretty good, but we too had the usual problem (too deep of cut).
It didn't require more than a little extra micro in our case, but I'm
not real happy with it.  No matter how hard I tried, there was no way to
avoid going in too deep.  It's just the way the geometry of the cut
works out.

I will say that this was the most difficult layup for us to date.
Dealing with that long piece of narrow bid was a real pain.  Give us
those big surface layups any day.

Thanks!

Chris and Sue
Monowheel A159