Re: Hello to the list!

Subject: Re: Hello to the list!
From: dfgeldermann <dgeldermann@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 21:26:02
Chris & Sue,
I'm about 2/3rds of the way through stage 1.  I built the balance scale in
the manual and tried it for awhile, but then opted for a scale that measures
to tenths of a gram. I like it better becasue it takes up less room and  I
feel it has more accuracy.  (You do give up a "mad scientist" feeling though
when you put the balance away.)  The 9V battery scale model is made by
Ohaus, model Scout Portable SC4010 and it ran about $130.  I received the
tip from another builder who preferred it over a pump.  I bought it through
a local measurement company that supplies chemical research labs.  The
company is in New Jersey (973) 377-9000.  I'm in
Virginia and I bought it through the mail
---From "The Scale People, Inc. in Columbia MD, (410) 309-5880.
Dan Geldermann
A139