Re: Flying: Fuel Exhaustion/912

Subject: Re: Flying: Fuel Exhaustion/912
From: Gramin <Gramin@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 19:27:55
In a message dated 10/01/98  20:17:57, Dave Watts wrote:

<< The only proviso is that you have to be straight and level to get the
 correct reading, but then that is surely the case with all gauges. >>

No it ain't Dave.  A gauge can be placed in the  the centre of the the tank
(fore, aft) and so is immune to (static)  tilt. in the Europa it has to be off
the centre line laterally bit because of the tunnel, but who wants to read
fuel while doing an (unbalanced) turn ?

That's where I have put the pipette gauge.  Approval seems to be taking a long
time though  !

I too am INTENSELY interested in what happens if you starve the engine in
flight.
Although I will continue to avoid doing it, one could use up much more of the
non-reserve side if one really knew it wasn't going to be a disaster.  I
nominate Andy, Roger or Ivan at the factory to do it over Wombledon and let us
know. All in favour ?

Graham G-EMIN