Re: VP-Prop for Rotax 912

Subject: Re: VP-Prop for Rotax 912
From: Brian Rauchfuss - PCD <brauchfu@pcocd2.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 08:30:51

> I would also like to get clarification about the incident in Canada on a
> Lancair 235 fitted with a NSI CAP 140 this summer where apparently the
> blade cuff that get bonded to the Warp Drive blades failed after 1.6
> houres.......

You can send an e-mail to the person who had the failure, he posted a note
some time ago on it.  Here is his address and a bit of a follow-up note:

"From: Gary Palmer <otglp01@nortel.ca>
 I would strongly recommend against using either the NSI or Warp drive
 cockpit adjustable hubs  on a Lycoming at this point in time as my NSI
 unit failed catastrophically after 1.5 hours time in service ( see
 support or sell their in flight adjustable for Lycs or Continentals at
 this time.

 Regards..........Gary Palmer (ex Lancair pilot......sadly)."

Brian