Re: VP-Prop for Rotax 912

Subject: Re: VP-Prop for Rotax 912
From: David Watts <dwatts@ns1.avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 17:13:41
>Klaus wrote Anybody out there who has fitted the NSI with the Rotax 912 and
>having already some flight experience with it ?
I do not know of any 912s airbourne with the NSI VP prop at the moment.
However Peter Kember has just fitted one to his and hopes to be in the air
in the next 2 weeks. Unfortunately I will be away skiing later this week for
the rest of January so someone else will have to chase him up for news as he
is not in the net.
>What about delivery time, warranty and spare part supply through NSI ? Are
>they still in business today and will they be tomorrow ??
Again I do not know the current situation, but it took Peter 6 months to get
his prop, which came jest before Christmas.
>I would also like to get clarification about the incident in Canada on a
>Lancair 235 fitted with a NSI CAP 140 this summer where apparently the
>blade cuff that get bonded to the Warp Drive blades failed after 1.6hrs.
I see that NSI are now advertising that you can use your own blades now
(presumably by bonding on cuffs). Is this perhaps what happened on the
Lancair. I saw the report, but no details.

Dave Watts.