Re: Engine compression

Subject: Re: Engine compression
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 14:14:19
Ah, I think I have it now.....

There is a power supply feeding a standard resistance in series with the load
(the cylinder)  grounded to atmosphere through the rings.. The voltage is
measured at the supply and at the junction of the two resistances, yes ?
Simple really, except  presumably one must ensure the valves are closed on
the cylinder in question to avoid a shunt load.

Now to find some T pieces and  "voltmeters". Glad I bought a compressor to do
the painting, though mebbe it wasn't so good for the painting !

Thanks all,

Graham C.

PS my capillaries have more resistance than yours, Graham ,as they're longer
 !
< capilary, capilay> must admit I had to look it up - let's call them pipes
 (:-))