Re: Re: Your time over again???

Subject: Re: Re: Your time over again???
From: Peter M. Davis <101621.3070@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 13:15:15
Hi Martin.

You wrote "When I trial fitted my rudder, it was too short by about half inch."
Glad to hear someone else had this interesting situation. When I telephoned Andy
& subsequently sent him some photos I was told I was the only one with this as
far as he was aware.

I took the alternative approach to this (after discussion with Andy) and raised
the bottom of the fuselage by cutting three long (200mmish), narrow wedge slots
in it - one at the bottom and one either side at approx. 60 degrees up from
bottom one, or whatever looks right.

After some fiddling and fixing, the "banana'd" back end is then pulled up to the
bottom of the rudder and glassed up on both sides. Will need some filling and
profiling soon.

Think I prefer your method though.

Regards,

Peter