Re: Re: OR5

Subject: Re: Re: OR5
From: europa aviation ltd <enquiries@europaaviation.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 11:35:26
Rihard wrote:-...... except to say that if the slot in OR5 >was< a bit
>shorter then the outriggers will latch down with a lot more
>
>Dare I ask whether the standard max flap angle has been reduced since
>OR5 was designed?  As I recall it was somewhere nearer 30 deg at
>one time.

I do see your point that if the slot were shorter and you did have a broken
spring / mud in the mechanism / bent bolt or whatever, you would get a
positive pull of the latch into place.

We did consider using more than 30=B0 of flap for landing in an attempt to
balance landing distance to take-off distance for aircraft with more
powerful engines and therefore a shorter take-off roll.

If you wish to make a new OR5 with a shorter slot, use HS30TF or better 3mm
thick material.

Andy Draper

Web Site at www.europa-aviation.co.uk
     Fax No 44 1751 431706