installation of engine mounting frame

Subject: installation of engine mounting frame
From: MIKE <mike.a0011109@infotrade.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 12:26:41
This is builder 96 - like a lot of you been at it for years ! thinking time has
added up to one of these years. Worrying time another and actually building it
- well !

Current problem  - cross drilling top tubes when fitting frame into body. I have
a right angled drill adaptor which is a little gear box ( Bought at no
inconsiderable
expense ) but this can only drill with a top clearance of over 1" -
I need a method or tool that will drill at right angles at the top with only
,say,
half an inch between drill centre and the top. Available flexibles do not
bend suf
ficiently to get inside the tunnel and drilling from the outside is hit and
miss.

The factory have had my frame for mod and said it would be back in two weeks -
still waiting !

Can anyone help with this problem please

Regards,  Mike Dawson