RE: installation of engine moun

Subject: RE: installation of engine moun
From: Kesterton Donald <KestertonD@logica.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 13:56:00
Mike Dawson wrote

>>Current problem  - cross drilling top tubes when fitting frame into body. I
have a right angled drill adaptor which is a little gear box ( Bought at
no
inconsiderable expense ) but this can only drill with a top clearance of
over
1" - I need a method or tool that will drill at right angles at the top
with
only ,say, half an inch between drill centre and the top. Available
flexibles
do not bend sufficiently to get inside the tunnel and drilling from the
outside is hit and miss.

>>Can anyone help with this problem please

We used a right angle drill attachment for a conventional electric drill
which does the job.  The clearance between floor and bottom tubes is
even less!!  You are correct.  Don't drill the top tubes from the
outside
You are welcome to borrow it if you are in the UK and don't need it for
too long.

Builder 216 Donald Kesterton

E-Mail    kestertond@logica.com

or Phone 01908-372434