Re: tip shape for stabilators

Subject: Re: tip shape for stabilators
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 12:26:41
It only sounds complicated because it is difficult to explain!

By creating the facet cuts you end up with a perfact tip shape. I did the
estimation
method on my rudder tip and I am still not happy with it!

You can see the principal behind the method by drawing a box, divide it into
sixteen
squares then draw a quarter circle to link top left and bottom right. A bit of
simple deduction shows
which bits need to be removed in order to approximate the curve.

The total cutting job takes under an hour for the complete tip.

Tony

Date: 11/29/96
Time: 11:26:41 New Zealand Summer Time (UTC +13)

Kaon Technologies - Building Tomorrow's Networks
PO Box 9830
Newmarket
Auckland          Ph +64 9 358 9124
New Zealand       Fx +64 9 358 9127